5 Reasons We Recommend Biometric Screening in 2021
HealthSource Solutions | Blog
1. Informed, Happy, and Healthy Employees
Employees walk away from a biometric screening appointment with their health numbers in hand and reputable resources of helpful information. They are more likely to report positive feelings about their employer and their role in the company when provided opportunities like this.
2. Informed Employers
Biometric screening companies share aggregate reports of employee BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar numbers with employers. These reports very clearly identify emerging lifestyle-related health issues affecting your workforce. Your wellness program can be tailored to the needs of your employees.
3. Convenience With Fingerstick Testing
Having the convenience of knowing your health numbers at your worksite is key to helping your employees know where to begin making lifestyle changes. Participants can expect accurate results from bloodwork obtained through a fingerstick.
4. Immediate Results
Results from a fingerstick test are known in a few moments, allowing immediate feedback. This permits the health professional to discuss results and share next steps. For these reasons, HealthSource Solutions has decided to solely offer fingerstick testing and analysis to clients.
5. It Is Safe
We safely screened 1,281 employees in 2020 at 35 locations. At our onsite screenings, participants are required to wear a mask and follow safe distancing guidelines. Our staff are required to undergo a temperature and symptom screening before reporting to your worksite each day. Our staff wear PPE, use hand sanitizer between each person, and disinfect work area and equipment between each participant.
We also offer remote screening options that you can offer in addition to an onsite screening or stand-alone.
- Home Test Kit for Biometric Screening – the employee receives a home test kit through the mail.
- Kits are conveniently mailed to participants' homes.
- Kits include easy written and video instructions.
- Participants see results via a secure website.
- Provider Form to Collect Biometric Numbers – the employee does biometrics with their primary care provider.
- Encourages a relationship with primary care.
- Allows for year-round participation.
- Less expensive than the lab.
- Participants or their providers fax or mail-in biometric results directly to HealthSource Solutions.
What happens at an onsite biometric screening?
A typical onsite biometric screening appointment lasts 10 minutes from beginning to end. First, key biometrics such as height, weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, and glucose (blood sugar) are measured. Trained professionals then review individual results, using this teachable moment to help participants identify potential next steps to reduce their risk of chronic disease.
HealthSource Solutions provides:
- Experienced staff
- Online or paper registration
- Event promotional materials
- Event coordination
- Educational brochures
- Participant satisfaction survey
- Aggregate screening data report
- Data upload to our Health Assessment